Coming Soon......The NEXT Eaton Adventure 2018

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Helena, MT Rest Day


We decided to take an extra day in Helena at the Motel 6. The air conditioning just felt too good! I know it's a dry heat....... The good news about taking today off is that it is 99 degrees today. The bad news is it's supposed to be 103 degrees tomorrow!!
We spent alot of last night calling every place we could think of to try and find somewhere that we could watch the Tour de France today. We finally found a bar "down by the tracks" that could get the channel we needed (VERSUS). So we headed off this morning at 10 am to the bar. When we got there we laughed when we saw the name of the bar! "Hap's Bar". We went in, sat at the bar and watched a young German win the first mountain stage. For those of you who don't know the Tour is a three week race, so you'll probably hear more about it! After sitting in the bar we went downtown to a street festival to eat and then went back to the hotel for some more AC! I wanted to get in the pool but it was in the sun so I opted to stay in the room, AC on high and the curtains pulled to keep the sun out. The sun sure is bright out here. Tomorrow is going to be another hot one! We plan to ride to Wolf Creek tomorrow. It will be a short day. We are going to a Foursquare Church (if we can get there at the right time!) before we start riding. After our nap we walked over to a Walmart. And yes the one here in Helena is also air conditioned. Have you checked out the one where you live? I had broken one of my nose pieces off my glasses. Hap walked over to the grocery and got us some chicken and broccoli salad for dinner.
I thought since we had some extra "time" I would give a health report. Afterall I am a nurse! Both of us have been feeling very well the whole trip. I had a bad cold and lost my voice the first two weeks. A real blessing for Hap. Hap has a "rash" somewhere...... we put some cream on it. We only ask that no one sends the drug testers around, because he probably would not pass his test right now. But then we aren't riding the Tour de France. My back and neck are doing fairly well. I had steroid shots in my neck and back the week before we left so it is doing ok so far. Ask me in about 4 months! My migraines are about the same as normal for me. Pretty crummy (that's one of those technical terms that you learn in nursing school!) but what ya gonna do. Like Dugan says "Obsticles are meant to overcome!" And if he can do it so can I.

No comments: