The next morning we woke up to a beautiful sunny day. It would've looked alot better to me if I had not woken up with a migraine. I don't know if anyone else has migraines but they are just "yucky". Sorry for the technical medical language. Thank goodness for a medication called Imitrex. I can give myself a shot of this and the headache is usually gone within 10 minutes. Because of me we got a really late start. I think it was noon by the time we finally got on the bike. It was a chilly 50 some degrees but at least the sun was shining. We headed east on Rt 182 and only made it as far as Big Lagoon State Park near Gulf Beach. We sure didn't break any speed records today with the headwind! Isn't there something somewhere about a prevailing wind out of the west???? We also ran into another cyclist who was headed west. His name was Paul and he had left New York City on New Year's Day! Brrrrr..... He was headed to Tucson. Good luck Paul! We had a great campsite in Big Lagoon. I tried cooking something new for dinner. Salmon. In our frying pan. I hadn't tried that before. It was delicious along with the rice and green beans. We had a great hot shower too and headed to bed. Tomorrow we planned a short day to the Naval Museum in Pensacola.
This morning we woke up to sunshine and warmer temperatures. But once again, a migraine! But once again the Imitrex did it's thing! I cooked pancakes this morning. This was my first try at pancakes on our whisper light stove. They were so-so! I learned a few things. Like make sure you use enough water (Hap did you bring the measuring cup), make sure you shake it very well (I didn't SEE any clumps), make sure you use enough oil, make sure you have the fire adjusted juusst rrriiigghhttt.......... Maybe I'll do better next time! But with enough peanut butter and syrup on them you wouldn't know they weren't perfect pancakes. Hap said, they're just the way I like them..................
It was a short ride to the Navy Museum. We really enjoyed the museum. It is facinating seeing all of the different types, shapes and sizes of planes and their evolution. We really liked the IMAX movie of "Fighter Pilot". Since Hap wasn't feeling very well (he is getting a cold, the first time either of us have been sick since we left.....my headaches don't count, those are NORMAL), we decided to stay in a motel in Pensacola and take the next day off. Hopefully he will feel better by then. And hopefully I won't be getting the cold. Our next goal.....head east towards Gainesvill and St Augustine and then make our last left hand turn towards home, Ohio! Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment