
We woke up this morning to bright sunshine although alittle cooler temperatures. We cooked oatmeal for breakfast and had bananas and peanut butter. We left the campground and headed west on Rt 20 towards Dubuque Iowa only 15 miles away. About 5 miles from the campground it started to rain! The rain got harder as we got closer to the Mississippi River. There was alot of traffic on Rt 20. As we reached the river and got to the bridge. we saw that there were two lanes, fast moving traffic and NO berm. So we opted to get on the sidewalk. But we didn't count the sidewalk being so narrow. I guess they didn't plan on a "bus" on their sidewalk. So we walked across the Mississippi in the pouring rain. It was at least a 40 minute walk! In the picture you might be able to tell how much fun I am having! Just across the bridge there was an Arby's so we did what we usually do when weren't not sure what to do. We ate! After considering our options we decided to stay in a hotel. This puts us alittle behind schedule but then we don't really have a schedule so I guess it is ok. I called a hotel and asked where they were. Do you see the big hill just across the bridge?? We are right on top of the hill. Of course, I said......So we headed up the hill still on Rt 20 with all the traffic and pouring down rain. Once we got in the room, had showers and relaxed some, the sun came out............. Now don't you wish that you could have as much fun as we are?Stats report: Total mileage for the trip so far----750 miles. Mechanical breakdowns-loose spokes.
No comments:
Post a Comment