Last night, Saturday, we arrived in La Crosse, WI or just across the river from it in La Crescent, MN. We are camping at Pettiford RV camprground right on the river. All night we could hear something BIG splashing in the river. We tried to see what it was, but we didn't see anything. I am sure that it is one of those Minnesota alligators that eat bikers! Our ride from Lansing was beautiful. It was a sunny gorgeous day with a slight tailwind. We rode right along the river all day on Rt 26. It was flat and a great ride. We stopped in St Albin for lunch. You can see the picture above. Our new friend Allison took the picture of us eating hot dogs. I know what you are thinking.....but these are healthy hot dogs because we put saurkraut and onions on them (vegetables). There wasn't much traffic until we reached La Crescent where there was some road construction.
We stopped at a grocery store for dinner supplies. We had spaghetti with hamburger added (thanks to our new titanium frying pan). It was delicious. Chef Hap did a good job. We did our laundry, did some yellow pages church shopping for tomorrow and headed to bed.
While walking to the shower house, we saw this BIG snake. I think it was one of those Minnisota Anaconda Cobra Vipers. It was 5 feet long and as big around as my leg................ok so it was only 3 inches long and as big around as my little finger............it still looked at me with those beady little eyes, laughed and slithered away. It sure was fast!
Sunday is a maintaince day, rest day and church day. I hope to find a YMCA or some place I can get in for some swimming. Don't worry I'm not swimming in the Mississippi with the alligators. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment