Coming Soon......The NEXT Eaton Adventure 2018

Thursday, November 15, 2007

San Diego---We're back...............!

We arrived in San Diego last night. The last many weeks have been a whirlwind of activity. Both of us had alot of trouble keeping our eyes open during the flight. It was uneventful as flights go. Flying is such a headache these days that I think we'll just ride our bicyle back to Ohio! And as I filled up our gas tank in the van for the last time in many months, I had a good chuckle as I realized we didn't have to worry about the prices of oil for awhile! All we have to do is worry about how many miles we can get out of that chocolate milkshake!
Our boys were born Monday, November 12 at 8:09 and 8:10am. Reed weighed in at 6.4 lbs and Rowdy at 6 lbs. They both were 19 inches long! And all I gotta say about that is "how did they all fit??" Tiff was pretty uncomfortable the last few weeks. But she was a real trouper and had a picture perfect pregnancy and birth. I am sure that it was just because Aunt Diane was there overseeing all of it......
I want to give a great big shout out to the Maternity Unit at Berger Health System, Dr. Shield's office staff and of course Dr. Shields. All of them were just incredible to Tiff and the rest of us. They are the best. Way to go TEAM BERGER!
Hap was pretty funny the day Tiff had her last doctor appt he came with us. I told Tiff to hold up her shirt so Uncle Hap could see her pregnant belly. I don't think that Hap has ever seen one before. You should have seen the look on his face! Priceless!
Tiff, Dustin and the boys went home from the hospital to start their new adventure together. And it will be an adventure! Granddaddy Dugan is already looking for twin ponies for them. And he is also working on his "pond" which is in their backyard. We went to look at it and I think by definition it is NOT a pond it is officially a LAKE!
So, now we begin again. What will we do? Where will we go?? Today we are in Imperial Beach with Hap's cousin Jon and Joy. They were kind enough to keep our bike and gear safe for what we thought was going to be a short time. I guess babies will come when God says it's time, NOT when Aunt Diane and Uncle Hap want to go ride their bike. Today Hap is busy working on the bike. He is repairing the headset that has been coming loose. I am not sure what he is doing. All I know is that he had a big tool (thanks Bill-we'll mail it back it is too heavy to carry...) and has grease all over him. He also bought a new front rack. We have had a chronic problem with one of the front bolts breaking. He is replacing the rear tire again. I think this is our sixth tire. And a new addition is our Bobb Trailer that we brought back with us. We are going to try pulling it with our camping gear and see how that works. We have pulled it before and didn't really like it other than for pulling our dog. But we are about 20 pounds heavier than on other trips. And alittle top heavy. So we'll see!
Tomorrow we are planning a short ride to a hotel in San Diego and then hitch a ride to the San Diego Zoo. It is a place I have always wanted to visit. I am spending today figuring out a route and organizing our gear again. Since we are changing our system it takes alittle bit of time.
As I look over the pictures of the first half of our ride, it is amazing to think how far we have actually come. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Would we change anything? If I could just change the 100 + degree weather we had in Montana in July/August. Other than that no. This journey has been more than we ever expected. The best part of our trip has been the people that we have met along the way. The hardest part? Leaving our families and friends. The easiest part---pedaling! Are we tired of pedaling? No! Do you think it is possible that there is something wrong with us????..........
Until tomorrow........THE JOURNEY CONTINUES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do think you are crazy. But THATS WHY WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU! Good luck the rest of the way. We can't wait to hear more stories!!! Love you