Gayle arranged for a Fox and local NBC news came over and taped an interview and of us riding for Alpha One. Cystic Fibrosis is a lung disease many people have heard of, but Alpha One Antitrypsin Deficiency is a disease that is less understood. You can check out the story at :
We left their house this morning after the taping and it was hard to leave! Larry and Gayle drove out with us. Gayle sitting in the back videotaping our departure. We have a date though! A year from now we are all going to meet somewhere and they will be riding with us! We cannot wait! Thank you guys so much for all you did.
Today's ride was beautiful. We left Wilmington, NC on Rt 133. We thought it wouldn't be so busy because it paralleled I-40. It was a little busy but not bad. The biggest news for today was the sunny, but cooler weather. Perfect for cycling. When we got to Burgaw we turned east on Rt 53 toward Jacksonville. There was less traffic but there were several big logging trucks. We stopped for a snack at a Hardees. Traffic really picked up in Jacksonville. As we were coming into town, there were two big trucks behind us. The first passed just fine. The second, I don't think planned to slow down or move over, so I put my hand out to hopefully let him know we were there. Finally he slowed but as he went by the car coming toward us had to run completely off the road! Then the two trucks got stopped at a light and we passed both of them just up the road! I don't know, doesn't make sense to me!
A Shingles update: The rash is much improved, the pain is lessoning but still in the "I'm not havin any fun and I don't like this category". We plan to take things day to day and just go by how I feel. So we'll see. Would I be dissappointed if we couldn't finish this thing? Of course but my health is first, so we'll just leave it in God's hands and see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment