Coming Soon......The NEXT Eaton Adventure 2018

Monday, May 9, 2016

May 7, 2016. Wade NC


What a great nights sleep. I don't know if its the tent or Big Agnes but something makes sleeping good! We ended up talking to Cindy the KOA manager quite awhile so that made for alittle bit of a late start. We had some coffee in the office, ate a pop tart and power gel and took off. Today's goal is Wade NC, Fayetteville RV Resort.

Let's see which way is the wind blowing......... of course out of the NW. It looks like the weather is starting to dry out alittle. We have had some rain and clouds for the past three days. Today it was 78 degrees and sunny. Most of the roads were bike friendly except for maybe a ten mile stretch. But we all missed! We road through some farmland today, interspersed with some treelined roads.

At one point we were riding and Hap said What is that uphead?? It looked like a bunch of people riding horses and some wagons?? Strange. Sure enough we passed about 10 small wagons and maybe 5 or 6 kids riding horses going up the road. As we passed them I said mmmm I've never seen that before. Then I realized they were all probably saying mmmm I've never seen that before?

We stopped for lunch at a Walgreens parking lot. I made peanut butter bagel sandwiches and we ate a salad I bought the day before. Good lunch! After lunch we rode through the big metropolis of Fayetteville, NC. Busy busy roads. But we found our way safely through. After Fayetteville we stopped for dinner supplies at a IGA. Tonight we are having spaghetti and for a salad, avacodos, and cucumbers. Does that sound good or is it just me?

We made one more stop at the gas station for our beer run and arrived at the RV Resort about 5pm. A good day of riding! Both of us are feeling better, it usually takes us about three riding days to get used
to the bike with all the weight.





Add caption