![]() |
| The BUS is ready to go! |
We started todays ride from our hotel near Charleston SC airport. The tandem was patiently waiting for us at the hotel when we arrived. I had called the hotel the night before we left to see if it had arrived. I was speaking to Aaron on the phone. He said yes a big box was waiting for our arrival. I asked him if he wouldnt mind putting the bike together for us and deliver it to our room. There was dead silence on the phone and then Aaron stuttered "um I guess so"...... I said I'm just kidding! I heard a sigh of relief on the phone.
It didn't take Hap long to get the bike together, and this morning we left the hotel with threatening and stormy weather. A big splotch of red and yellow was just north of the hotel when we left. Due to the storms we decided to head to a hotel in St Stephens SC. Good thing we did! We also had several people tell us a big storm was coming at 3pm. How did they know when the weatherman doesn't know..........?
It's a good thing we let God plan our routes instead of us. Most of the day we spent on four lane US highway. But the traffic gave us plenty of room and vice versa. We did get to an area just north of us where the storm had just passed through. The roads were full of puddles! It was sort of like the parting of the Red Sea! All the storms missed. We had a few sprinkles but they felt pretty good since the temps were in the 80's and very humid.
We had a great day of riding, stopped at the grocery on the way into St Stephens for dinner supplies and headed to the showers at the hotel. Awesome start to the tour! Now its 5:30p and I'm waiting for the 3pm storm...................
![]() |
| The BUS is leaving the station |

