What! Back in Ohio! Whassup with that? Like I've been trying to tell you....we're having twins! I'm going to be a grand-aunt. Our boys are coming -- out boys are coming. We left the tandem in San Diego and plan to fly back to continue our adventure after they are born. We are looking forward to making our next LEFT TURN across the southern US. Hopefully, we have planned it so that the weather will be nice for our winter lap.
We rode through San Diego to Imperial Beach and left our tandem with Hap's cousin Jon and his wife Joy. The ride into San Diego was really pretty. It was right along the ocean with beautiful scenery. It was also really nice because there was alot of cyclists out riding. More than we have seen since we have left home. Traffic became heavier the closer we got to the city. But overall was pretty good. It did seem like San Diego drivers were not quite as patient as they were in LA. We were really surprised by that. We had another flat tire today. That is three in two days! Hap found a cut on the inside of the tire, so that's what the problem was. He got it fixed and we rode on. We rode to downtown San Diego and took the ferry across the bay to Coronado. We were alittle worried that the tandem would fit on that "little boat", but it did with no problem. Once across the bay we had an easy ride down the strand to Jon and Joy's. Joy fixed us a wonderful supper. The next morning we took a walk on the beach and stopped for breakfast. We walked out on the pier and watched people catching alot of big fish called Bonita's. We also saw some dolphins. We could see Mexico very easily. We are maybe five miles or so from the border. Hap cleaned up the bike and I took a nap. Hey I offered to help................... For dinner we went out to a great mexican restaurant with Jon, Joy, daughter Jenny, husband Nate and new baby (3 wks) Chase.
Today Jon took us to the airport for our flight home. The flight was uneventful. It was alittle wierd to think that it took us almost five months to get to California and about 5 hours to fly back to Ohio. Does that mean we have to start all over again?
Bill and Jill picked us up at the airport and we got a very special bonus. Tiffany came up with them. It was so good to see her. I thought I was going to have to wait til tomorrow. What a surprise. The house was still standing. It is alittle sad being home. We are looking forward to making our left hand turn in California. And NO we are NOT tired of riding the bike. In fact, my little 5 pound bike is sitting here looking at me. Too bad it's dark outside! Stay tuned for baby news. I am also planning to work while I am here. We'll see how all of this plays out.
No comments:
Post a Comment