Coming Soon......The NEXT Eaton Adventure 2018

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Riding in Ohio










I thought I would share some pictures of our rides in Ohio. You can see them on the left side of this page. We really do have some good roads for riding around here. And with the trees changing with the season it is just beautiful. From our front door we have the option of riding flat cornfield lined roads, rolling empty roads, or long steep tree lined roads. You can see that from the pictures.


We also have a "little" event here in Circleville called the Pumpkin Show. ww.pumpkinshow.com This year Dr. Leggett grew the largest pumpkin ever, at over 1500 pounds. The city of Circleville pretty much closes down for the week of Pumpkin Show. Schools are closed, businesses are closed. I play in the Pumpkin Show Community Band (see picture). We not only play at Pumpkin Show but play at numerous events throughout the year. There are over 70 members ages 15-80 years. As you can see in the picture we don't march through any of the EIGHT parades that they have. There are two parades per day! We have our own trailer. I love playing with the band. I played in the band in school and hadn't played the baritone for 20 yrs when I joined the PSB about 13 years ago. I love the challenge of trying new music. There are some terrific musicians. Me?? I figure it is a successful song if when the director stops at the end of a song, I end at the same time! It's not a good idea to have any notes left over.


And how are our pregnant girls doing? We had a shower last week for Heather and it was a good time. She looks great and the baby is doing well. I can't wait to see if we have a little girl or boy. Tiffany's twin boys are also doing well. They weigh 4.2 pounds each now. Tiffany is the size of a full term pregnant person. The docs are saying if she doesnt' go into labor they will do a C Section on Nov. 12. Our tickets back to San Diego are for Oct 30 so we'll just have to see when the babies are "done".


I do have to mention our Number 1 rated Ohio State Buckeyes. How 'bout them Buckeyes! GO BUCKS! I probably should do a shout out for that team from Lafayette IN. Let's see what was their name...........oh yeah, Purdue. Now are you happy Hap?


Hopefully we'll be back on the road soon. We sure miss it. We are probably going to be taking our Bobb trailer back with us. We are thinking that will balance out our "extra' weight that we have on this trip. We also bought a new front rack that hopefully is stiffer and will help with the problem we have been having with the bolt breaking on that rack. Hap says he has a "plan" for the front headset problem. I am not sure what he means by that. But knowing Hap he has researched the problem, graphed it, mapped it out, talked about it and whatever else you can do. It will be fixed. We'll keep you posted as to our EDT for San Diego. In the meantime we are enjoying the beautiful riding here in Ohio in the changing of the seasons.

No comments: