Coming Soon......The NEXT Eaton Adventure 2018

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back in Ohio?

Hi everyone, we had a slight detour from our planned route! My mom became ill so I am back in Ohio for a few days. Hap is still in Indianapolis with his sisters from Oregon and Arizona at his parents house. Hopefully I will be going back tomorrow after mom's doctors appointment. We planned to leave Indy on Tuesday morning anyway, so this really doesn't change that ..... so far.... You see you never know what will happen or where the Eaton's will show up! Once we heard that mom was sick, Sonnie and Dugan drove me back to Chillicothe in their RV.

Dugan and Sonnie came over to Indianapolis for our presentation at the Telacris Plasma Collection center. The treatment for Alpha One is Prolastin which is made from plasma. We spoke to the staff of the plasma center at 6:30am! I thought I was on vacation and didn't have to get up early?? Remember one of the "rules of the road?" I think the presentation went well and the people got some good info about Alpha and why collecting plasma is so important. A few years ago there was a shortage of Prolastin, partly due to not having enough plasma to make it from. This was a big impact for Dugan because he had to miss several of his treatments.

Hopefully the next time I post we will be riding out of Indy and headed for Brazil, Indiana! Take care. Diane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hap and Diane!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother being ill and you having to delay your trip west. I hope she recovers to wellness soon and you will be able to get back on the road again soon.

On the other hand, I'm over in Terre Haute which is about an hour west of Brazil and would love to get a chance to cheer you on if you will be coming this way on your way to points west.

I would have been there for the Telecris dedication if I hadn't been on the road myself participating in the Kamada study by way of Indianapolis to Tyler and back. 6:30 is also very, very early for me to be doing anything! LOL.

I hope everything gets back on track for you soon.

May the skys above you be sunny and warm with a cool breeze at your back.

John Morton