I am still not feeling very well from this cold. But at least I didn't have a migraine along with a cold.....now THAT would be bad! And my neck and back are finally feeling better. I think my steroid injections are finally starting to work. Now let's see if they hold up until we go home for Christmas.
Riding on Rt 40 really wasn't so bad. It is a divided four lane highway with alittle bit of a berm on it. We had ridden on it once before when we rode the RAIN (Ride Across Indiana in a Day ride) several years ago. That ride goes from Terra Haute east to Richmond. We had so much fun riding that day. We were riding our single bikes. I was training for a triathlon and decided not to draft for the 160 mile ride. Then we got into a race trying to catch a group of guys who kept leaving the food stops just in front of us. It was a great ride.
In Brazil we are staying with Rob and Vanita, high school friends of Hap. They must be as old as Hap! I didn't know they HAD high schools back then! We had a great dinner at a Mexican restaurant. Then took a tour of their funeral home. The funeral home has been in Rob's family since the 1800's. It is in a wonderful old building, that has been beautifully decorated and updated. It was really fascinating to hear about the funeral business. I know, it's not something alot of people would think is interesting but you have to remember that this is Hap and Diane.
2 comments:
This was read at the church we stayed at on TOSRV..and I thought of you guys. Take care, Andrew
The Road of Life
At first, I saw God as my observer,
my judge,
keeping track of the things I did wrong,
so as to know whether I merited heaven
or hell when I die.
He was out there sort of like a president.
I recognized His picture when I saw it,
but I really didn’t know Him.
But later on
when I met Christ,
it seemed as though life were rather like a bike ride,
but it was a tandem bike,
and I noticed that Christ
was in the back helping me pedal.
I don’t know just when it was
that He suggested we change places,
but life has not been the same since.
When I had control,
I knew the way.
It was rather boring,
but predictable...
It was the shortest distance between two points.
But when He took the lead,
He knew delightful long cuts,
up mountains,
and through rocky places
at breakneck speeds,
it was all I could do to hang on!
Even though it looked like madness,
He said, "Pedal!"
I worried and was anxious
and asked,
"Where are you taking me?"
He laughed and didn't answer,
and I started to learn to trust.
I forgot my boring life
and entered into the adventure.
And when I'd say, "I'm scared,"
He'd lean back and touch my hand.
He took me to people with gifts that I needed,
gifts of healing,
acceptance
and joy.
They gave me gifts to take on my journey,
my Lord's and mine.
And we were off again.
He said, "Give the gifts away;
they're extra baggage, too much weight."
So I did,
to the people we met,
and I found that in giving I received,
and still our burden was light.
I did not trust Him,
at first,
in control of my life.
I thought He'd wreck it;
but He knows bike secrets,
knows how to make it bend to take sharp corners,
knows how to jump to clear high rocks,
knows how to fly to shorten scary passages.
And I am learning to shut up
and pedal
in the strangest places,
and I'm beginning to enjoy the view
and the cool breeze on my face
with my delightful constant companion, Jesus Christ.
And when I'm sure I just can't do anymore,
He just smiles and says .... "Pedal."
- author unknown
Hi, Hap & Diane! Andrew's poem can encourage us in many 'walks' of our lives! Even though I'm not pedaling a bike, I often feel that my delivery work takes me to places unknown/unfamiliar and I often ask Jesus to help me find the way to the next stop...and He does! or ask Him to help me be a blessing to someone this day OR to be blessed by someone... and His blessings come! In the rural areas I am awed by the beauty of God's creation and the peace of His presence! God's Blessings and Peace be with you! Love you, sister Jane
Post a Comment