So here we are still in Brazil. Somehow I managed to get a bad cold and am still not feeling well. I never get colds. So what's up with this?? We are still staying with friends Rob and Vanita and enjoying their hospitality. Today we fired up their Schwin single bike and tandem for a tour of Brazil. We made a stop to the newspaper to get some info about our ride for Alpha in the news. We haven't ridden single speed bikes for awhile, now I know why I like all of those gears. By the way when I ride I use ALL of my gears. It was a beautiful day until about mid afternoon when the rain began to fall. But luckily we were back at the house.
We drove over to Terra Haute to meet another Alpha patient, John Morton and his wife Debbie for dinner. John said he needed some motivation for starting to ride a bike! So here's your challenge John, it is now published that you are going to start. What choice do you have now? It was interesting to talk to another patient about their experience with Alpha. One thing that we agreed on was that Alpha is so often either not diagnosed or misdiagnosed. So whoever is reading this has any symptoms of chronic obstuctive pulmonary disease, shortness of breath, frequent lung infections etc. Ask your doctor for a simple blood test to get properly diagnosed. Or their is a free test available through the Alpha One organization. You can get more information at their website www.alphaone.org.
While we were in Terra Haute we all went to see the movie "Wild Hogs". If you haven't seen it, we highly recommend it. Especially if you like motorcycles. Hap used to road race motorcycles and my family has been into racing for all of my life. We left our three motorcycles safely tucked away in our garage at home. The week before we left, I wanted to ride mine as much as possible but I had a battery that was dead. It didn't make sense to buy a new one before we left. So whenever I wanted to ride I had to take my starter (Hap!) with me.
It is now Saturday morning and it is pouring down rain. We had planned to leave this morning. I am still suffering from this stupid (sorry for the technical language) cold. Se we plan to get packed up and wait out the rain. Hopefully we can ride today. We'll see.
PS: If you want to see the pictures better. Just double click on them to enlarge them.
No comments:
Post a Comment