
Hi everyone
We rode out of Indy today. We followed the canal trail and then onto the White River Trail. From there we got on the National Road (US Route 40) to Plainfield, IN. We only road 25 miles today. But we decided that 25 miles of city riding is actually 50 miles of county miles. Maybe that is where the saying "going a country mile" comes from. I managed to get a cold and lose my voice (Hap is so upset!) and feel very puny today. We also didn't leave Indy until after noon so stopping earlier than expected made sense. One of the problems with traveling by bike is that campgrounds are not always in the location that you need them. We would have had to ride another 25 miles to get to a campground (thanks to our new computer that helps us find them). On our normal trip we would just ride to a town and look at a phone book to see what was available.
It was very difficult to leave our families behind. I don't think either of us anticipated how much leaving everyone would bother us.
Riding on the canal trail and the white river trail was really nice. It was shaded and cool and no traffic. Today it was 89 degrees and hot. We did manage to get turned around when we got off the trail, but we figured it out and got on Rt 40 to head west. Rt 40 wasn't too bad but there was still alot of traffic. It was four lanes so there was plenty of room. But another one of our "rules of the road" is that there has to be ONE idiot on the road who rides right up behind us, blows the horn, and then passes very close. That's when I yell to Hap, "Hold your elbows in!" I just don't understand this when there is a clear lane. It only takes a small turn of the wheel to move over. Sometimes I think people are just in a hurry to get there milk and bread at the store............................. What other reasons could there be?
Since I was feeling so bad we opted to stay in a small motel on Rt 40. So that is where we are. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.
Our first presentation for Alpha One went very well. Sonnie and Dugan came over from Ohio (see picture). We hope to do alot more for the Alpha organization. We'll see how that all pans out. Thas all for now. We need to go find something that has dinner written on it.
Take care
No comments:
Post a Comment